Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

582 to 912 conversion

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm in the process replacing a 582 head with a 912ul and have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer. Can I use the old 582 radiator ? The KFIII builders manual list the same part number in the part list for both the 582 and 912 so I'm hoping it's the same.($) Also does anyone know if the Grand Rapids EIS 2000 that was working on the 582 can be converted to work with the 912 ? I'd ask the folks at G R but they are closed this week.

thanks,

EG

Posted

If it is the same part number your OK, as far as I can tell rotax made only two styles of radiators. As far as the EIS I don't have a clue I have steam gauges

Posted

I'm in the process replacing a 582 head with a 912ul and have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer. Can I use the old 582 radiator ? The KFIII builders manual list the same part number in the part list for both the 582 and 912 so I'm hoping it's the same.($) Also does anyone know if the Grand Rapids EIS 2000 that was working on the 582 can be converted to work with the 912 ? I'd ask the folks at G R but they are closed this week.

thanks,

EG

You can use the same radiator and the Grand Rapids 2000 can be converted to the 4 stroke, I called them awhile back as I have a 582 that is going in my Skyraider.I was contemplating on switching to a 4 stroke but it was alittle out of my price range.I think I will give my 582 a chance as I could do several rebuilds for the price of a 912.I cant remember the price to convert your EIS over but it wasnt much.Good Luck Randy

Posted

You can use the same radiator and the Grand Rapids 2000 can be converted to the 4 stroke, I called them awhile back as I have a 582 that is going in my Skyraider.I was contemplating on switching to a 4 stroke but it was alittle out of my price range.I think I will give my 582 a chance as I could do several rebuilds for the price of a 912.I cant remember the price to convert your EIS over but it wasnt much.Good Luck Randy

Thanks everyone for the information. FYI Grand Rapids will convert you 2 stroke EIS to a 4 stroke model for $80.