Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Johnson Creek or bust

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm taking off on the first leg of a 550NM Cross country as soon as the weather cools off. Spending the night with a buddy and then were blasting out in formation at daylight in the morning for 9500ft at gross weight crossing of the Sierra Mountains. After that it's a 300 mile cruise across the sage brush of Nevada and Oregon. After one more fuel stop and some lunch hopefully we'll be Idaho by early afternoon. After relaxing and waiting once again for the thermals to die were going to fly into Johnson Creek for the BackcountryPilot.org annual Fly-in. Here's a link to my spot page if anyone wants to track the progress tomorrow.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0FpKLJrmMEs3TGFMoLCkqM7NvqdpbBW1i

Posted

Joey, Dont know for sure but I may be flying in on Sunday.A friend of mine has a Super Cub and was talking about going Sunday morning as he missed the fly-in a couple weeks ago.He says it has a great big runway so it will be a piece of cake with your plane.If I go I will look you up.Can you run 100LL with the 582 or will you scrounge up pump gas? Have a great time. Randy

Posted

I'm taking off on the first leg of a 550NM Cross country as soon as the weather cools off. Spending the night with a buddy and then were blasting out in formation at daylight in the morning for 9500ft at gross weight crossing of the Sierra Mountains. After that it's a 300 mile cruise across the sage brush of Nevada and Oregon. After one more fuel stop and some lunch hopefully we'll be Idaho by early afternoon. After relaxing and waiting once again for the thermals to die were going to fly into Johnson Creek for the BackcountryPilot.org annual Fly-in. Here's a link to my spot page if anyone wants to track the progress tomorrow.

http://share.findmes...CkqM7NvqdpbBW1i

Nice going guys. I have been tracking your flight on Spot. Time to party.birthdayfriends.gif Russ.

Posted

The tracker is a nice touch! Wish I had done that before my trip.

We are awaiting a write-up from you with baited breath. Also trip pics, but I don't have much room to talk there as I am still waiting to get mine from Vadim's camera - will be uploaded as soon as I do.

Till then - enjoy the flying!

Jezz