NSI Subaru E-81 (118 HP) for sale

By Yamma-Fox in For Sale and wanted, you got it, I want it,
    UPDATE 6-2018   -------  SOLD  --------   Ok, looks like I've finally come up with a game plan to move ahead with the Yamaha RX-1 repower, so I'll put my Subaru (400 TT) up for sale. I will update the details when I get to the plane, and add pics.  But this is the motor that was found to have a small amount of metal and FOD (you could put it in a half a teaspoon) in the oil system in 2016.  It is running fine and has good compression but obviously is in need of an inspection and likely an overhaul. More likely it would be a great spare parts opportunity for a NSI owner to help keep their Subaru flying in the future. All logbooks, NSI manuals, and full Subaru service manual are included.  It has a nearly new NSI sprag clutch on it as well as spare parts including the original NSI sprag clutch that was operating well but developed a "whine" noise for the previous owner so he replaced with a new unit approx 100 hours ago. Also included is the mount for a kitfox 5, all accessories: oil tank, alternator, ignition system, exhuast....  pretty much everything.  Basically a FWF except for prop and coolant expansion tank. $1800 Located in Park Rapids Minnesota    Please read the following post which details the metal in oil problem:
  • 7 replies