Matco 8" single yoke tailwheel height

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone know that the height of the 8" single yoke tailwheel height is from the ground to the bottom of the spring?

The drawings only show me the height from the ground to the top of the bolt, which I am only moderately concerned with.  Coming from a 5" tailwheel with a reasonable low profile stance, I am concerned with the 11.7 total height of the 8" tailwheel.

http://www.matcomfg.com/TAILWHEEL8PNEU-idv-2678-69.html

Posted (edited)

Most of these birds came with a Maule tailwheel.  I have one handy and can give you measurements on that if that would help.   I'm not sure if the Kitfox spring is the same as the Avid.   EDMo

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I would appreciate it.  When I say from the ground to the bottom of the spring, I am talking about where the tailwheel actually mounts to the spring...Unfortunately, that is not a measurement that Matco gives you.  I know, for instance that my 5" tailwheel is just under 6" from the ground to the point on the bottom of the spring where the tailwheel mounts.  This is why the 11.7 is scaring me on the Matco.

Posted (edited)

Not sure If I got exactly what you want:  The 6" Maule from the ground to the very tip of the spring on my Kitfox is 8", and to the bolt is 8.5", and to bottom of fuselage is 12.5" with no weight on the tire.  That would be with the tail leveled and not on ground angle.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you meant that you had a Matco 8" handy.  That is the one that is concerning me.