Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buying advice

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

Happy Avid MKiv pilot here but stumbled across a plane locally for sale and considering adding it to the barn. Anyone know anything about protech PT-2s? Seems similar in theory to an Avid/ kitfox, but slightly larger. Folding wing design, but all metal and a continental O-200-a up front. Anything anyone would suggest looking out for on one of these? Been in storage for almost 15 years, but stored very very well in a heated garage, and the motor properly cared for. Any advice appreciated or any reviews of anyones experience flying one of these. Thank you!

Edited by Neloner

Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

Happy Avid MKiv pilot here but stumbled across a plane locally for sale and considering adding it to the barn. Anyone know anything about protech PT-2s? Seems similar in theory to an Avid/ kitfox, but slightly larger. Folding wing design, but all metal and a continental O-200-a up front. Anything anyone would suggest looking out for on one of these? Been in storage for almost 15 years, but stored very very well in a heated garage, and the motor properly cared for. Any advice appreciated or any reviews of anyones experience flying one of these. Thank you!

First I have heard of it, but searched it on Yahoo site and lots of info there - some for sale, specs, etc.  too much for me to write.   Guess it's not Sport Pilot category, but it could be depending on what builder put as GW?  Looks like maybe 6-700 empty weight?  That sounds lighter than I thought it would be.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO