Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

For Sale: custom wood grips

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Some of you may have seen my post on the custom Mahogany grip I built for my "other" airplane. I'm loving that it fits my hand so well and have seen that there were several that might want one as well.

I just got a little Mahogany and am ramping up for custom orders. If you're interested I'll give you the forum special. It's a limited time offer though because the wood is expensive. It's $60 each, and that will include shipping to the lower 48. I'll have to check on shipping to Alaska or other parts if they are wanted there. I can make left or right hand grips. I installed a PTT switch in the end of mine but these will come with no hole for the switch unless you want ship me the switch so I can install it first. For the first five I'll install the switch for free, after that I'll have to charge. Mine took me at least an hour to custom install. 

Look online, you'll see that they are going for well over double that price if you can find one you like. That is just the starting price! 

All proceeds will go to keeping me flying! :D    I'm working on uploading a picture of the one I just finished this morning but my computer isn't cooperating. 

I'm also willing to build other custom wood pieces if you'd like. Some of you know my work so rest assured it is of the highest quality. I don't cut corners and everything is hand built to your needs. 

Kenneth

1 person likes this

Posted

How about a photo…  

stick%20with%20poke.gif

Posted

Larry, like my original post said I was having computer issues. Then once I got those straightened out the site wouldn't let me upload them. Thanks for the reminder, I just tried it again and got these two to upload. I can make them a bit smaller (I have fairly large hands) or a bit larger if you think you really need something beefy to grab onto. I also forgot to mention that this one has a hole with a 3/4" diameter for my application. I'll need to know what size tubing you have on your stick before I build so I can make sure it fits your aircraft.

Thanks.

Kenneth

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3311.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Beautiful work Kenneth. 

1 person likes this