Name this 3 blade prop for me

6 posts in this topic

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.8880da607908cc12aec566eimage.thumb.jpeg.7400eb08a2290b525851db5image.thumb.jpeg.68e85779a1cfd34eaccc595It was on my Avid MKIV built in 1994 Aerobat with a 582. VNE of 150mph

A single  blade is 33" long tip to center of he hub. It is 1 piece with ZERO markings. Looks to be fiberglass. 

What do we suppose the pith is set at?  Were there multiple length and pitches of this brand prop some 20 years ago?

Posted

Pitch is reasonably straight forward to calculate given an actual propeller - set the prop face on a level surface and measure the angle of the back of the blade from horizontal with a bubble protractor at one or more known radii, then: Pitch = tangent(angle)* 2 * pi* radius.
 You will find that the pitch likely varies somewhat with radius.

If the propeller is on an airplane, measure the difference in angle between the hub face and the back of the blade...

Posted

I Had a prop like that when I was thinking of putting a 582 on my Bandit. It was a prop that came with the kit if you were going to use a 582. I am not sure if Avid made them or if they outsourced them.

Posted

I'll say this is a matco prop. Best guess, but pretty sure.....They weren't made for long.

Posted

I googled Matco Prop and came up empty. Any info or specs on it?

Posted

Give George at matco a call - maybe he knows something?   EDMO