Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It was fun

2 posts in this topic

Posted

We sold our Avid, we think We have the project and parts sold. Looks like we will be finished with this type of plane for a while. I still have a retirement dream of an RV with an Avid in a trailer behind it, traveling the USA with my wife. That won't be for 15 more years. 

We got a completely restored Aeronca L-16 Champ to take the Avid's place. Doesn't perform as well as our light Avid, but it is easier for my brother to fly and it is what we have always really wanted. Our Dad's first plane was a Champ and his last plane was a Cessna 180. We have an example of each now and remember the great times with the Old Man everytime we fly.

I would like to thank all of you who have helped me with my stupid questions over the past couple of years. I will check in to see what is new every once in a while. 

Thanks again, Cliff

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks Cliff, sorry to see you beat a hasty exit but congrats on the Champ. I'd say keeping fond memories of your father for you and your brother is worth a little hit in the performance category. Wouldn't it be great if there was a group of like-minded RV/AvidFoxFlyers touring the country looking for exciting new places to fly, kind of like the Great Loop for live aboard sailing aficionados. I'd be there in a heartbeat, my wife not so much.  :( 

Best wishes on your new flight path.

2 people like this