Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Barn Finished

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I built a "Barn" at home to avoid hanger rent. The plane can live on the trailer until I tote it to the local airport to go fly. It takes me only 15 - 20 minutes to extend the wings, roll the plane off the trailer and prep for flying. A little bit longer to put it all away when I'm finished flying. Time often depends on how many people stop by to chat and "Help". I'll try this out for a while unless a deal comes up for keeping the plane at the local flying field.

MarkD

post-1147-0-25176300-1435673225_thumb.jppost-1147-0-43859400-1435673251_thumb.jp

2 people like this

Posted

Well done sir.  Do be careful with the airstrip preflight/setup bystander distractions - can compromise safety  I've found it necessary to excuse myself at times - often a simple raising my hand as I focus on preflight to politely thwart unwanted conversation.  Having a bird already set up at airstrip is enormously better of course. Should that time arise for you, looks like you've a nice little shed for other shelter uses.

Paul

Posted

Hoping you have plans for a door on that hanger - the varmints, birds, wasps, dirt-dobbers, mice are going to move in!

Keeps the hail off tho!  Congrats,

EDMO 

Posted

good lookin building ,should work great for your needs .