Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Merlin GT

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,  I am curious about resolving a problem with my Merlin GT.  IT does not have a flap control.  I was thinking about splitting the ailerons a couple bays on the inboard side and making those flaps.  The ailerons are currently set up just like an avid with the exception that the mixer control is simpler because there are no flaps.  I also considered getting an avid MIXER control and putting it in the merlin.

Thanks

Posted

I would guess that this would reduce your roll rate at least some and I don't think you would notice much difference with short flaps if they are separated from the wing like an Avid. Your best bet would be to work out some sort of flapperon mixer but it should be tested very carefully. The Avids can have issues with control reversal if one of the flapperons were to stall with too much angle.

Posted

I was thinking about getting my hands on an avid flyer mixer setup and just move it over to the Merlin. 

Posted

Looks like you have a line on some parts - I would be interested in following the progress / results of your modifications.

Posted

Definitely, I don't see it being a problem.

Thanks