Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

For us cold weather flyers

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I received enough gift cards for Gander Mt this Christmas to buy a set of Heated ThermaCell boot inserts. Holy cow do they work good. With the temps at 15 degrees today I decided to try out the boot heaters. I put them inside my leather shoes and headed for the airport. With a wireless control I turned them on high. Its the first time I did not have cold feet flying in the winter. They are not cheap but sure work good. Should work great for sitting in a deer stand during cold weather also.

post-56-0-50823500-1421024751_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My biggest trouble is hot feet - sweat easy and then freeze - Had -90F Sorrels in Alaska and had to go out in the cold before putting them on - I hear that the battery boot socks work good too - think I will just keep the heater in the truck and one in the plane to keep the frost off of the WS. Don't usually have that much cold down here.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Sounds nice Mark.  Can you plug them into the cigaret lighter and run them on the airplane power? 

My poor man solution for the time being to to use the little toe warmer packs that heat for about 5 hours when you open the package up and they are exposed to air

Posted

Randy, you can not plug them into a cigaret lighter. The plugin for the inserts are in the heal, so you have to remove them from your boots.

Posted

Probably a good thing; it could be mighty embarrassing to fall on your face while exiting your plane because you forgot to unplug your socks.  But would make great fly-in hysteria.

1 person likes this

Posted

How about a Lithium battery - I hear that they get real hot! "lol"

EdMO

Posted

I relocated mine to between the copilot pedals, right against the firewall.  I didn't realize it was also a foot warmer for the copilot; what a deal!

1 person likes this