Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TIRE AND TUBE QUESTIONS

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

For some of you who have "been there & done that":  

If I have some Airstreak 8.50 x 6 tubes, can they be used in the 21 x 8.00 x 6 tires?

If not, then how much are the 21x800x6 tubes new?

Can you use Airstreak  6.00 x 6 tubes in the 15 x 6.00 x 6 tires?

Thanks for any info.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Nanco tires are of an 8" rim, not 6".  Those tubes won't work...

Posted

Gues I got cornfused with all the back and forth between "are they 6 inch or 8 inch?"  Guess I will look for another tire, lighter an less stiff than the Airstreak 8.50 x 6.

EDMO

Posted

Try the 21x8.00-6.  Lght, flexible and cheap (for a real Aircraft tire).

Posted (edited)

Thanks - that is probably the tire I was thinking about.   I still don't know about my tubes fitting both sizes of tires.

EDMo

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I have been there done that!

An 8.50 tube might barely fit if it is new and hasn't been inflated and stretched in an 8.50 tire. But my guess is it won't work. I haven't tried it.

An 800 tube will fit the 21 X 800 X 6 tire perfectly. That's what I put in mine. The 800 tube is still a bit big, but I was able to use a used 800 tube in my 21's and it worked perfectly.

The 15 X 600 X6 tire is smaller than the 600 X 6 so the same holds true. A new 600 X 6 tube will probably work, but a used one will probably be stretched too much and will fold and wrinkle in the 15 X 600. If you have the tubes and tires you can always mount them up and see for yourself.

This is mostly from memory so may not be 100% correct.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Chris,

I believe I have a 800 x6 set - I just figured that the tube would be too small for the 21 inch tire.

Good to know about the 15 x600 - Now wondering if I should just go with the 600x6 Airstreak nose tire instead of the 15" AirHawk, or buy a new tube for it.

I have both sizes - got to go check and see what I have now on my Grove maingear.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Thanks Chris,

I hope mine looks that good, and hope I don't have any clearance problems with my Grove wheels and brake calipers on the mains.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I'm running grove gear, wheels and double puck brakes with no issues. 21x800/6 Desser tires.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Larry.   I didn't know if I had to add spacers between the wheels and disks.

ChrisB,

I took my nose gear parts and drawings to the machine shop today using old aluminum fork off of a 207 or Piper? - They look the same except Cessna has some extra small holes in it.   Still in "experimental" stages.

Guess I may as well sell my Cessna wheelpants - ain't gonna fit over those 21-800s.  :lol:

I've got a Tri-Pacer fender for my nose wheel to keep it from slinging mud.

EDMo

Edited by Ed In Missouri