Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grand Rapids Technology EIS 4000

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello

I have been using the GRT EIS 4000/6000  for years in my Kitfox to moniter engine vitals.

I decided today to make better use of the EIS and install the warning light and set the operating parameters which was easy and fun to play with. 

I wasted hours trying to disable a number of the 15 pages which I do not use.

I googled for possible ideas on how to do this but only found complaints on how difficult the GRT EIS is to program.

I am able to disable one page and then when I try to disable another page, the first one returns.

I am missing something simple like what button or combination of buttons to push and when.

When programing the GRT EIS, the user manual says the data will not enter unless you hold the "next" button till you have cycled thru the complete menu back to the operating pages.

This did not seem to work.

Any ideas out there???

Thanks Herman

Posted

Did you find this?

>You push and hold the center and right buttons for seconds
>Use the next button (now right button) the scroll thru the pages until you get to "Disable Pg #"
>Using the up down buttons enter the page number to disable.
>You can disable up to 10 pages, you disable only one page per page
>once you set the page number press next to enter another disable page
>There are 10 disable pages and only one entry per page
>each disable page looks the same so it may appear that the page is not changing when you push next
>The entry will be OFF or 0-15
>If you don't want to disable any more pages push next until you get out of the set config pages

>If you make a mistake, push next until you get out of config pages and repeat process by pushing center/right button for 5-10 seconds.

>Page numbering (16 total) is shown in the manual or you can count them
>Start at page #0 (zero)
>If you don't have manual count page numbers starting with ZERO and count each time you push next button. Note page numbers you want to disable. You have to count the number of pushes of the next button. Page numbering is not actually displayed.

>Page # 0 is the endur/fuel/flow (good to disable if you don't have FF)
>Pushing Next (left button) will scroll thru all pages 0-15 and than back to zero
>Page # 15 is CRate/EgtSp/Carb (is last page)

Good Luck. George

You can use the config pages to customize the user displays. Very powerful and explained well in the manual. You access these pages by holding the same center/right buttons. To reset top factory default turn unit off, press and hold right button and turn EIS back on. You will loose all custom user settings.

Posted

George

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my "disabling" issue.

I was trying to disable 1 page at a time instead of all at once.

After reading your post i was successful on the first try and I appreciate not having to cycle through unneeded pages to view the EGT and CHT pages.

Do you mind sharing how you would configure your main page for a 582.

I am curious if there is a custom configuration that would be better than what I am currently using.

Thanks again

Herman

Posted

Herman,

I don't know the George who posted those instructions, I just copy and pasted them for you. :) Glad they worked. 

-Doug