Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Did Mikuni go to a new style pump?

1 post in this topic

Posted

CPS sells the rebuild kits for the round dual outlet pump but I don't see the round one available as new anymore. I've rebuilt mine once before and the difference between a new one and a rebuild kit isn't much so I was just going to replace the whole thing this time. This is what they show for a dual outlet one now.

07-00778.jpg

Lockwood shows yet another one that is also different from what I'm currently running

http://www.lockwood.aero/p-2068-dual-fuel-pump-replaces-994-485-nd-please-note-this-fuel-pump-does-not-have-the-same-bent-fittings-so-please-make-sure-to-route-your-lines-prop.aspx

Are these a new style or am I just way behind the times? I am replacing my entire fuel system this year so it's not a big deal to replumb just curious if these are any better or if I should just rebuild my other pump again. The CPS tech article on fuel delivery suggests you rebuild them every two years or 300 hours. Might be something to add to your to-do list if you haven't done it in a while. $15 and 15 minutes is about all it takes.