Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

JUST HIGHLANDER CONTROLS?

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have looked at photos, and videos, and still cannot tell how the Just Highlander attaches the flaps and ailerons, or how the controls are made and hooked up - Anyone got any info on that?

Thanks,

EDMO

ADDED: This probably wont change my plans, since I am going to stay with the original avid mounts, and my modified controls for the flaps and ailerons - Just nosey...

ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

All cable operated. Pull-pull cables for the ailerons. Flaps are spring pressure up and cable-bellcrank-pushrod down.

I don't know about the Super STOL. Probably the same. The slats are non controlled, just air pressure and balance.

Posted

All cable operated. Pull-pull cables for the ailerons. Flaps are spring pressure up and cable-bellcrank-pushrod down.

I don't know about the Super STOL. Probably the same. The slats are non controlled, just air pressure and balance.

Thanks for the info - Probably too much engineering for me to change on mine - I will just stick to the KISS method, and use push-pull rods and bellcranks for everything. Guess if the Avid flaperons stay on, then my reinforced rib ends will be OK too.

EDMO