Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help, I need a coolant tank <2" deep!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I dunno if it's out there, but if it is I haven't found it yet. If you come across a coolant tank that will fit on my fire wall behind the air filter P-L-E-A-S-E point me to it! thnx

post-53-0-31143800-1373946435_thumb.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the link, that led to a few new ATV replacement tanks I hadn't seen yet. Wish the listers would include measures for us Rube Goldberg retrofitters.

Posted

I'll show you my setup at OSH if you can wait that long. It's one of the previously linked to us plastics tank.

Posted (edited)

Larry-

If you have tank #12070 (0.50Qt 3.8"H x 5.531"W x 3"D), it won't fit on the firewall behind the airfilter. You must have it located between the top of the firewall and top of the air filter. Right?

If yes, I thought the throttle and choke cable pass thru location on our firewall require the tank be located in such a way that the top left corner of the tank would extend past the edge of the firewall? At least, I did a quick measure and didn't expect it to fit on mine.

[edit] Ok, I read the product description a little closer. Width includes mounting tabs. Height includes neck & fittings. Based on that, I suspect the tank body itself with mounting tabs will (barely) fit and, assuming the fitting is behind the filter and tank located as far down and right as possible, the top left corner of the tank and the cap should -just- fit under the cowl without interference. And, I mean, by a fraction of an inch. How tight is your installation?

Edited by dholly

Posted

Mine is above the air filter and has no conflict.