Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NEW NOSE WHEEL INFO

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Amie,

Since you are old enough to fly, you probably know about "MURPHY'S LAW" - Well, Old Murph got me again today:

After mailing the fuzzy photos to you last night, I found copies of what I had sent to STEPHEN N613HH (a member on here) last November.

If he is still interested in building one, then maybe you can get together for a joint project?

CHRISB (a member on here) is getting his new Magnum going - but expressed interest in getting another nose gear built - maybe you can include him?

Chris, I wrote to your engineer after talking to him on the phone - guess he is not going to bother even answering my letter and pictures. Some people are only in this game for money - wish I had some!

I noticed that I gave the spring dimensions to Stephen different than the ones I gave Amie, so giving both again here - don't know which is correct until I check again: wire diameter .156 and .188 and O.D. 7/8 and 1 inch. I would go with the stronger of the two.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any questions - someone on here knows how to find the video of the nose gear in action - I do well to turn the puter on......There is also a photo of ChrisB with his nose-dragger Avid and the Kayak under it......Somewhere?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Any information you have on a nose dragger conversion, I would be interested in, maybe you could send it with the parts.