Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nice MKIV for sale in Eastern WA

6 posts in this topic

Posted

AVID FLYER MARK IV • $14,995 • FOR SALE • Avid Mark IV. $14, 995. Located at Moses Lake Washington. Registered as N4353D, this aircraft has a Rotax 582 and is a tail wheel plane and can be converted to floats. Total time engine/airframe is 215. Hangered 100 percent of the time. Warp Drive composite 3 blade Prop, intercom, mounted comm radio, electric start, toe brakes, rotating beacon, recovered and repainted in 2005. Call 509-431-1293. Take off and land in 150 feet! This is a small plane for under 6 feet/200 pounds. February 2013 Condition inspection. Motivated seller. • Contact John Brest, Friend of Owner - located Moses Lake, WA USA • Telephone: 509 431 1293 . • Posted June 12, 2013

Can't tell if it's a STOL wing or not from the pics. This is not mine or anybody I know I just happened to spot it on Barnstormers. I would fair the struts and gear legs but other than that it looks ready to go out and have some fun in.

Posted (edited)

I zoomed in on the photos - Looks like undercambered ribs - BUT, there is something real odd about how 2 of the photos show the underside of each wing - cant figure it out, but there is a strange pattern of (bumps?) where each rib should be???

Still, looks nice.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

My Skyraider wings look like that when it reflects from the ground,Its just a Illusion because of the undercambered wing.Its a nice looking plane and good buy.Cost a lot more to build one for that.Randy

Posted

How about explaining the difference in STOL and HH Avid wings - Is there only a difference in the number of ribs and spacing, or is one longer? I think I know about the Speedwings.

KITFOX EDMO

Posted

How about explaining the difference in STOL and HH Avid wings - Is there only a difference in the number of ribs and spacing, or is one longer? I think I know about the Speedwings.KITFOX EDMO

Post #3 HERE

Posted

Thanks Doug,

I read your post on the Avid site - great info. I agree that it takes more than the wing to determine GW.

EDMO