Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tailwheel

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just purchased a set of nanco tires to replace the very small very hard shoes I currently have.

I'm not looking to go crazy off-roading, just hit every local grass strip I can find. Which includes the sandbars on the river and such.

Anyway, the mains are a start. I have the maule 6" solid on the rear. Again, without going crazy Alaska, what are your recommendations?

Thanks

Kf-iv1200. Rotax 618

Edited by Deejayel

Posted

Matco 8" pneumatic.  Either the wide one or the narrow one is far superior to the Maul.

Posted

Whlt-8L whlt-8 or whlt-8w?

Posted

Ok. I like the looks of the 8L.

Posted

I started with the 6" hard rubber Maul on my Avid MKIV, then went to an 8" pnumatic Maul which was a great improvement but still cut a trench in the soft gravel and sand.  I went to an 8" x 3.5" Matco twin fork TW last year on my Avid+ and really like it.  Also have been flying Jeff's Avid with the single fork Matco with the same tire and it works great too.  I like the balanced load of the twin fork on the tail spring but the massive casting on the single fork is probably as tough or tougher.  Both handle great so I would recommend either one.

Posted

My Nancos and dual fork 8" wide TW take Me everywhere I need to go and then some. It's kind of a pain on pavement but works awesome on grass and gravel bars.