Avid Heavy wtih Skis and covered gear

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is the latest picture of the AVID Heavy. Just rigged the federal skis, covered the gear, and adding a black stripe to break up the monotony. Did the five minute run up at 5800 static. 1125 egt, 162 water temp.

Just need to get it inspected and then I'm off and running.

post-526-13600239897777_thumb.jpg

Posted

Here is the latest picture of the AVID Heavy. Just rigged the federal skis, covered the gear, and adding a black stripe to break up the monotony. Did the five minute run up at 5800 static. 1125 egt, 162 water temp.

Just need to get it inspected and then I'm off and running.

Looks great - specially with all that white stuff on the ground.

Good Luck on inspection.

ED in MO

Posted

Wow, Looks Great! Sometime soon, I'd like to take a look at the pod to see if it would fit my KF.

Posted

She's a good looker!!! 5800 static seems kinda low. What are you using for heat? Bryce

Posted

Wow, Looks Great! Sometime soon, I'd like to take a look at the pod to see if it would fit my KF.

Dave, is your plane at Merrill? Is it flyable to come out to Wolf Lake? I would like to know how closely it fits the KF as well so I can let Randy at Plaschem know. The objective is to build new carbon fiber belly pods that can be fit to both Avids and KF's.

Posted

Dave, is your plane at Merrill? Is it flyable to come out to Wolf Lake? I would like to know how closely it fits the KF as well so I can let Randy at Plaschem know. The objective is to build new carbon fiber belly pods that can be fit to both Avids and KF's.

Yes, my plane is flyable and is parked in quebec parking at Merrill. Have been planning on bringing it home for some maintenance maybe as soon as this weekend. Will probably have it home for about three weeks. IFA prop here we come!!! Anyway, my schedule is really busy, so recreational flying is kind of out. Might be able to stop by and look at it and take some measurements, or if you are in anchorage, we could probably try it on for size.

Posted (edited)

Yes, my plane is flyable and is parked in quebec parking at Merrill. Have been planning on bringing it home for some maintenance maybe as soon as this weekend. Will probably have it home for about three weeks. IFA prop here we come!!! Anyway, my schedule is really busy, so recreational flying is kind of out. Might be able to stop by and look at it and take some measurements, or if you are in anchorage, we could probably try it on for size.

Alright, you will love the IFA prop!. I will try to contact you and see if there is a time we can meet in Anchorage. Are you available at all on weekends?

Special thanks to Jeff for letting us use his pod as a pattern to see if we can do this!

Edited by SuberAvid

Posted

It looks like the weather may cooperate, so I may go play a bit on Sat. Will you be around? if so, where are you on the lake?

Dave

Posted

It looks like the weather may cooperate, so I may go play a bit on Sat. Will you be around? if so, where are you on the lake?

Dave

I am actually not on the lake. I am on Knik goose bay. You can come by on Sunday and take a look at the plane. At the same time you can check out the belly pod that Randy is considering having made.

Posted

I was hoping to fly if the pod was still at Randy's. Sunday won't work for me though.

Shoot me an e-mail with your phone number, and I'll give you a call next time I'm going to be in the valley.