Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally got me an Action Cam.. Drift HD and a couple vids

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I finally got with the times and picked myself up a Drift HD. I went with the Drift over the Go Pro for several reasons. #1 it has an IR remote that works awesome. #2 you can see what your filming on the side of it so it makes adjustments easy. #3 I paid $180 instead of nearly $400 for the Hero 3. I jimmied the mount today with zip ties so it's a bit shakey. I was filming in 720P at 60FPS. When my strut mount shows up this week I hope to get some more stable footage. Here is my first attempt at vids.

Posted

I used the handle bar mount that came with the cam for my posted videos.

I now have a suction cup mount coming from B&H Photo. I'm still waiting on a real computer (Apple) so that I can do some editing and publish some more.

Posted

Nice ..hope you don't start adding the loud rap music to them

Motor sounds are much better

Posted

Cool, 720 playback looks good, liked it when your wing man popped into view!

Posted

Nice ..hope you don't start adding the loud rap music to them

Motor sounds are much better

I had rather see them with no sound, unless you want to edit in some clear audio that tells where you are, what we are seeing, how the plane acts, etc. If you dont want to talk, i guess some Bluegrass would be better than chainsaw noises, IMO! I always enjoy a video of flying above different parts of the country.

ED in MO

Posted

Your making me wish I had something faster than dial-up so I could watch them!

Posted

Your making me wish I had something faster than dial-up so I could watch them!

I don't know how or if this would work on dial up but using firefox there is a addon that allows you to download youtube and vimeo videos to your computer. Then you can watch them at your time. I have found it does download faster than watching and I think you have the option of downloading lower quality video. Let me know if that works.

Great video and nice country you fly over. Odd thing is there is no white cover on the ground :)/> Nice touch and fly on the hillside.

Norm