Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AVID Flyer In Wasilla

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Interesting; I just talked to Mark a few weeks ago. That plane spent about 2 years in my hangar when it was on Aerocet amphib floats. It needed a little work to get it flying since it had not flown for a few years before that. I taxied it around the airport but I never flew it; the way it handled with those floats on the pavement made me not excited about trying to land it on pavement and I don't have a float rating. Then about 2 years ago Gary sold it about to a guy in Valdeze who was all excited to get it flying. Mark just bought it from him but without the floats. He had plans to get it flyable by spring but must have changed his mind. That plane has done a lot of traveling without leaving the ground.

Edited by SuberAvid

Posted

Do you think he is overpriced? :(

Posted

The link to add said $18. I assume that is $18K?

Posted

Forgot to add the rest of the history of that plane as I know it; Gary bought it from a doctor in seattle and trucked it to AK. The Dr. in Seattle bought it from the builder in FL and trucked it to Seattle from FL. Like I said, travelled a lot of miles without ever leaving the ground. As far as I could see the plane looked fine when Gary had it but has sat for a loong time and needs a thourough going through of the systems tbefore flying. Of course it has a great engine in it..... :stirthepot: