Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

clicking noise rotax 582

3 posts in this topic

Posted

My rotax 582 grey head has about 4 hours of total run time on it. I am not familiar with this engine at all as this is the first one I have had. I am curious if a clicking noise when rotating the engine by hand is normal. When I take the spark plugs out the sound goes away. When it is under compression with the plugs in it comes back. Sounds like it is coming from the cylinder area. Makes me worry that something may be wrong. However, all of the engine temps are running normal and never had evidence of a seizure. Hopefully it is just something inherent to all rotax 582 grey heads.

Thanks

Posted

My rotax 582 grey head has about 4 hours of total run time on it. I am not familiar with this engine at all as this is the first one I have had. I am curious if a clicking noise when rotating the engine by hand is normal. When I take the spark plugs out the sound goes away. When it is under compression with the plugs in it comes back. Sounds like it is coming from the cylinder area. Makes me worry that something may be wrong. However, all of the engine temps are running normal and never had evidence of a seizure. Hopefully it is just something inherent to all rotax 582 grey heads.

Thanks

Hope its normal cause mine does the same thing, its got 150 hrs since rebuild and no issues.Randy

Posted

Hope its normal cause mine does the same thing, its got 150 hrs since rebuild and no issues.Randy

Bless you. You took a load off my shoulders. I couldnt find any play in the wrist pin or crank. I dont know what causes that other than may be backlash in the rotary valve gears.

Thanks