Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Intercom System

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have an AVID Heavy Hauler with the Rotax 582. Purchased the plane with two new headsets. It did not come with an intercom. Do any of you have a recommendation for an intercom that I can plug the headsets into and talk with a passenger or over the radio and is voice activated.

A link would be great. Not looking for top of the line. Just something that works good.

Thanks

Edited by Avid Heavy

Posted

I have an AVID Heavy Hauler with the Rotax 582. Purchased the plane with two new headsets. It did not come with an intercom. Do any of you have a recommendation for an intercom that I can plug the headsets into and talk with a passenger or over the radio and is voice activated.

A link would be great. Not looking for top of the line. Just something that works good.

Thanks

I use the two place one from Pilot USA. http://www.pilot-usa.com/ If you click on Intercoms and then the 200 series you will see it. They make cables to integrate it with all types of radios. I have an Icom A-6 to an external antenna behind my turtle deck and then through that intercom and it works awesome. The PA-200T is $125. It uses a 9 volt battery. When not being used as an intercom it has side tone through my headset when I transmit on the radio without even turning it on. I've only replaced the battery a few times in a couple of years of use.

PA_200T_250250.jpg

Posted

I have one, I don't use.

I can't remember the brand, it works fine.

I bought it from Leni, I'm sure he remembers the brand.

Hay..LENI..what is it

I'm still in California on Vacation

Posted

Thanks

This one ends tomorrow with no bids. You may get it for a great price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-Engineering-Aerocom-III-Portable-Aircraft-Intercom-/121000115097?pt=Motors_Aviation_Parts_Gear&hash=item1c2c2b3b99&vxp=mtr