Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fuel pump

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a Subaru engine with Formula Power conversion. I think the fuel pump is not working because the engine will not idle and the fuel lines have air in them. If I replace the fuel pump, what kind should I use to replace it. The one in there now is no longer available.

Posted (edited)

I have a Subaru engine with Formula Power conversion. I think the fuel pump is not working because the engine will not idle and the fuel lines have air in them. If I replace the fuel pump, what kind should I use to replace it. The one in there now is no longer available.

Depends on what Carb you have. Maybe you have a suction leak in lines or pump? Maybe you can rebuild your pump?

Mine has a Holly 5200 - most Holly and Carter carbs take 2 to 6 pounds of fuel pressure. I dont know about the Jap carbs.

My builder told me not to use Facet, but others do. Automotive Accessories makes a pump, but do not know model.

Some, like Airdale, on the Stratus with Jap dual carbs, used a 1970s or 80s Ford pickup 6 cyl fuel pump.

Maybe something similiar, if you have a Jap or American carb?

I havent bought mine yet. Randy "Suberavid" has two of some kind on his Stratus - trying to find out what kind.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

SuberAvid Randy, just wrote in another post that both of his are a Facet - He has the Stratus with dual bing carbs. About 4 pounds of pressure.

One important thing he said was that they had check-valves in them to let the fuel flow from the tank if the pump is not working and not backwards from the engine or other pump.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri