Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

bolt clearance issues

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm back to working on my cable conversion for the flapperons and have run into some problems (with the original parts, not my modifications) first is the small L arm that mounts under the bungee truss and hooks up to the control stick column, the bolt that holds it on where it pivots goes through to the landing gear no room for a nut hard to see in pics but you can see the bolt is still sticking way up, I will try to get better pic of this area later. second is the outer bolt on this same piece the bolt that holds the linkage on hits on the floor board (which I can cut a notch to provide clearance) but also hits on the bungee truss, I already replaced it with a smaller bolt and it can pass through but still rubs how have others solved this problem.

-Robert-

post-352-134616761107_thumb.jpg

post-352-13461678256519_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Yeah, we talked about this in the Avid+ forum > Flight Controls thread. At a minimum you will need a clevis head bolt inserted from below with the nut up. I also had to go to a thinner floorboard. I had interference at the mixer end of the aileron bellcrank with 1/4" ply floorboards. The lower end of the flaperon 'T-link' -just barely- touched too. Changing to the 1/8" ply solved all issues., although I could easily have gotten another 1/8" clearance on the aileron bellcrank simply by removing a small amount on the lower end of the bellcrank mounting bushing welded to the seat truss and adding another spacer washer.

[edit] I scanned a copy of the pull sheets for my Avid+ kit and posted in the Avid+ forum. For the most part, it is descriptive enough that it does a reasonably good job showing what hardware goes where. IIRC, I did the same for my Mk-IV. Might be a helpful resource for you.

Edited by dholly