WHIRLWIND BLADES / WARP DRIVE PROPS

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Randy,

Your comment about the Whirlwind blades sent me looking for my July issue of Kitplanes mag.

I had passed over that article because I had seen the high prices for Jim Rust's Whirlwind Constant Speed Props.

After reading the article, I might seriously consider buying those blades to put into a Warp Drive Hub

- but I saw nothing about warranty.

Warp Drive has a lifetime warranty on their props. I have even heard of them giving A REPLACEMENT prop, IF the original was not performing well.

The increase in performance over the Warp Drive blades was impressive.

Maybe it is time for Dave K. at Warp Drive to wake up from his 100 year nap and design some new blades.

Notice that Whirlwind makes the complete prop for rotax.

Notice too, that the testing was in a RANS with a 912, which does not have the 100 mph "wall" that our AvidFoxes hit without the rib modification or VGs on the bottom of the wing.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed,

What did randy say about the whirlwind blades? I missing something. Thanks,Bryce

Posted (edited)

Ed,

What did randy say about the whirlwind blades? I missing something. Thanks,Bryce

Randy was talking on another post, and mentioned reading the article, and stated that he would have probably gone that route instead of the IFA Ivo and saved a lot of money.

I really posted this to let everyone know about this option. Maybe there are members who do not get Kitplanes mag, but I sure do recommend the mag.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I called Dave K. at Warp Drive Friday, but guess they are gone for the 4th weekend.

Left message asking when they are going to design a better blade, since Whirwind had beat them to it.

Will post IF I get an answer.

ED in MO