Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

gas tanks

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Can i put 14 gal wing tanks from an avid Magnum into my speed wings?

-Robert-

Posted

Hey did you ever figure this out? Somewhere along the line I thought I read the Magnum wings used the same 27-1/2" c/l to c/l of the spar pin bushings. If so, the tanks should fit between your spars. I also believe tanks built for the under cambered ribs will fit in the speed wing, but not vice-versa.

Posted

Aren't the Magnum wings the same as the HH Avid Mk 4?

Posted

^^^ IIRC, same basic design, spars and ribs. However, some notable differences ie., larger dia. steel vs. aluminum drag tubes with thru-tank drag tubes (?) as well.

Posted

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you know if these fiberglass tanks are ethonol resistant or should i just go with the wingtanks.com ones

-Robert-

Posted

No idea how 'resistant' they might be (given their date of manufacture, I doubt much if at all). Personally, I think anything 'ethanol-resistant' may potentially be prone to problems, who knows exactly what that means? 'Ethanol-PROOF' holds greater value for me, even if the tanks have less capacity, YMMV.

Posted

so it sounds like i would be better off to just wait and get the smaller ones from wingtanks.com

Thanks -Robert-