Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The rains have finally came

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Well it started pouring and blowing here finally. First precip we've had since before Thanksgiving. I've had projects to do to my plane that I saved for winter but the weather has been so good I have not been motivated enough to tear into it.

My new prop got here today so I'm going to go out and put it on tomorrow. I'm also going to pull a wheel off and get the holes marked on my new gear. My prop is the same thing I'm running now. 70" warp TAPERED TIP with the Nickel Leading Edge. I found a private vendor on Barnstormers that ordered them for me for $100 off retail. My current prop has 2500 hours on it from the previous owner and it's pretty well beat to sh$t.

Tomorrows project while it pours the rain that we REALLY need!

IMG_3715-1.jpg

Time to put my other toy away that I've been flying lately. This is an high performance Align 700 Nitro heli. It's 64" across the rotors and it has a 3.4 HP Nitro motor. It's alot of fun and you have to love the mechanical wonder of it.

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3719-1.jpg

Don't mind my thrashed work bench :nutkick:

Posted (edited)

Well it started pouring and blowing here finally. First precip we've had since before Thanksgiving. I've had projects to do to my plane that I saved for winter but the weather has been so good I have not been motivated enough to tear into it.

My new prop got here today so I'm going to go out and put it on tomorrow. I'm also going to pull a wheel off and get the holes marked on my new gear. My prop is the same thing I'm running now. 70" warp TAPERED TIP with the Nickel Leading Edge. I found a private vendor on Barnstormers that ordered them for me for $100 off retail. My current prop has 2500 hours on it from the previous owner and it's pretty well beat to sh$t.

Tomorrows project while it pours the rain that we REALLY need!

IMG_3715-1.jpg

Time to put my other toy away that I've been flying lately. This is an high performance Align 700 Nitro heli. It's 64" across the rotors and it has a 3.4 HP Nitro motor. It's alot of fun and you have to love the mechanical wonder of it.

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3719-1.jpg

Don't mind my thrashed work bench :nutkick:

What hub/engine do you have? Heli's can't fly - they are just so noisy and vibrate so bad that the earth repels them! Too many parts to break before they crash! Thanks for helping me support my bro-in-laws retirement at Anheiser Bush.

Ed in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed I have the two blade hub. The prop is a 70" Tapered Tip with nickel leading edge. Here's some before and after pics.

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3723-1.jpg

IMG_3724-2.jpg

Since this combo has worked so well for me and it was the cheapest replacement option I just got the same exact thing I had. $540 shipped for two blades. The tapered tips and nickel leading edge cost extra.

IMG_3725-1.jpg

I replaced it because I picked up a vibration after losing that chunk of nickel off the tip. I'm hoping this one runs a bit smoother. I need to find someone in one of the local EAA chapters that does balancing.