Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AUTO COMPASS

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Any one ever get an auto compass past airworthiness inspection?

FAR does not actually say you have to have a certified compass, but some inspectors do.

Comments anyone? I have one that is good enough for a boat, and compensated. I like it

better than the antique certified that I have.

Ed in Missouri

Posted

I had more issues with A&Ps than my DAR. They were worried about me not having a compass card. I can tell which general direction I am going on mine and that's about it. GPS compass is spot on though.

Posted (edited)

I had more issues with A&Ps than my DAR. They were worried about me not having a compass card. I can tell which general direction I am going on mine and that's about it. GPS compass is spot on though.

Do the FARs require a compass CARD? I forgot to read that far, and I'm an A&P. I always say I'm IFR, (I FLY ROADS) and only need to read the Interstate signs to see which direction I am going, provided there is no sun to guide me!

Ed in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Got to love living in Alberta. All the roads are 2 miles apart north to south and 1 mile apart east to west. Makes it really easy for navigating and checking your ground speed.

I just did a compass swing the other day and my compass card sits there for show only. It's just a relative heading instrument for me. If the weather gets to the point that i'm relying on the compass then I'm most likely not in the air anyways.