Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Converting over to hydraulic brakes?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im getting started on an old B model and would like to convert it over to hydraulic brakes, Iv'e checked the matco website and there are a ton of options for different parts, what should i be looking for. I want a good set up but im on a tight budget at the moment as well. I would really like to get the master cylinders soon so i can get all of the brackets welded on right away before there is more in the way to worry about.

Thanks Robert

Edited by High Country

Posted

Im getting started on an old B model and would like to convert it over to hydraulic brakes, Iv'e checked the matco website and there are a ton of options for different parts, what should i be looking for. I want a good set up but im on a tight budget at the moment as well. I would really like to get the master cylinders soon so i can get all of the brackets welded on right away before there is more in the way to worry about.

Thanks Robert

Robert here's a link to when I converted mine over

Posted

Thanks for the link, only problem is it seems as though everytime i get a question answered it brings up another one. I see that you converted over to the kitfox gear legs, what is the purpose for this, is there a flaw im my avid gear legs that i should be aware of :bugeyes:

Posted

Thanks Robert

Robert, I have all the stuff to convert yours, KF landing geasr, axles, wheels, matco brakes, cylinders. Someone wrote me about them and I gave them a quote, but no reply yet. So...........? Ed

Posted

Robert, I have all the stuff to convert yours, KF landing geasr, axles, wheels, matco brakes, cylinders. Someone wrote me about them and I gave them a quote, but no reply yet. So...........? Ed

I sent you a PM earlier im deffinately interested in the brake parts and wheels. Still not sure about the KF landing gear though. what would be the purpose of doing this.

Posted

If you buy his complete you won't have to modify your oem gear. You could then sell that and recoup some of your costs.

Posted

I sent you a PM earlier im deffinately interested in the brake parts and wheels. Still not sure about the KF landing gear though. what would be the purpose of doing this.

I can'tanswerthat. Someone elsesaid to use KF gear. Ed

Posted

High Country the stock gear needed extensive modifications to accept the Kitfox Hub and Matco brakes. I found a set of Kitfox gear legs complete with everything so I just used them instead.

Posted

Ok so im convinced its mainly just a time saver by not converting it all over, will the KF legs just bolt right onto my Avid airframe with out any modification? Sounds like this is the way to go.

Ed i sent you a PM

-Robert-

Posted

The Kitfox legs need just a slight modification where the bungees wrap around the legs. Other than that they will bolt right on. There are pictures in that above link I sent you showing the modification I made.

Posted

Well, I guess Highcountry and I have made a deal on the Landing gear, Matco wheels & brakes. So, these are SOLD.

Ed in MO