Wanted: 3 blade prop for 582

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking to buy a 3 blade prop for a 582 Rotax B box 2:58:1 Would prefer an Ivo. I have a 70" Warp Drive taper if anyone is interested in it as well.

Posted

Hello!

A 3-bladed sabre blade propeller with a diameter of 1700 mm (66.9") would be ideal for you.  I also have in stock a 1750mm (68.9") 2-bladed left-hand rotation propeller. I

118594255_1275612246164273_493696393434115391_n.jpg

IMG_20170518_150637.jpeg

JK03-.jpg

P102-2 чех-.JPG

Posted

Well MEGLIN checked out your website, i don't need another prop really, but if ur prop is so good compared to others i would sell my prop on the plane and the spare blades, how much is the comparable  prop price (IN US FUNDS) on ur prop to my IVO a 68” 3blade aggressive pitch? Kitfox model 1, grey head 582,Cbox, flying weight 496lbs, 

7E86BD2B-72F8-4D07-8518-894E6CAAC739.jpeg

Posted

Hey Buckchop, Does the Ivo prop perform pretty good? Here is a quote from Meglin: A 3-bladed sabre blade propeller with a diameter of 1700 mm (66.9")  It costs €690 ($745). Delivery costs $108. Nice looking props for sure but about 3 weeks or so for delivery.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well his price is pretty good compared to the Ivo prices, im not sure about that 66.9 diameter, always thought the 68” was the smallest and 72” was largest on a model one with a 582.  Guess next ill have to c the specs between the two.
Well as for the Ivo, i love the aggressive pitched pro i have on it, I also have a 68” non aggressive pitch on my other kitfox with same motor and u can really tell the difference between them, so IMO pretty hard to beat their customer service and price. 

Also dont like the 3+week wait Meglin so ill probably just stick with the Ivo it works JUST fine

1 person likes this

Posted

I should mind my own business, but last time I ordered a prop from IVO they said it would be a couple of months.  Not sure how the prop market is now, but they were all behind a while back I think.  Three weeks from Ukraine would be fantastic.  As far as sizes and diameters, my NR prop for the 80 HP 912 is two blade and just under 70"  it works fine.  The one I got for the 100 hp 912 is two blade and 71".  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Dear friends, I am quoting real delivery dates that exist TODAY. Of course, I can send it by UPS Express, maybe it will deliver in a week, but I am primarily focused on reasonable shipping prices. DHL-express will deliver even faster, but significantly more expensive. So it is highly advisable that you plan your moves and replacements smoothly and well in advance. 

I have already sent the 2-blade left rotation propeller to France. But I still have the 3-bladed left 66.9" straight blades in the 2 day ready stage. The others are right rotation only. Everyone else will have to wait for orders to be fulfilled. The photo is a right-hand rotation.

3blade.jpg

Edited by meglin

Posted

As for the 66.9" diameter, experience with about half a thousand of these screws has shown that this size is ideal for the Rotax-582/2.58.

Moreover, the same size is also good for the 912/2.27. It was only the switch to the 912/100 that required a single-digit switch to 68.9" or larger.

Nevertheless, when a small 3-bladed 63" was forced onto the 912/100 aircraft - it had a great season, and was described by the crew as very quiet.

Conclusion: a good propeller is always good.

1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

For the US, another convenient delivery channel has emerged - Meest Express. They deliver very inexpensively first to New Jersey and then to individual recipients' addresses.

Posted

The left rotation propeller is gone. Only right rotation propellers are available. All others will have to wait for production.