Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Mk IV Heavy Hauler for sale in Canada

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I have no connection to this aircraft and I don't know anything about it other than what's posted in the ad, but I thought I'd share it here because it's posted on a pretty obscure website that doesn't rank in Google. I found my aircraft through the same website and got a pretty good deal on it because not many people saw the ad.

A flying Avid Heavy Hauler for $17,500 CAD (about $13,000 USD) seems like a pretty good deal. It's registered as an Advanced Ultralight in Canada, so import to the US may or may not be allowed (I don't know the rules). It's located in Summerland, BC, Canada.

Pictures are here: https://tvsac.net/BS1.html You may have to scroll down.

Copy and pasted from the ad:

Avid Mk IV Heavy Hauler, 982hrs
Rotax 65hp 300hrs estimated.

Grove landing gear
MATCO Wheels and brakes
MATCO Tail wheel
GSC 68” 2 blade 12hrs
GSC 64” 3 blade 0hrs
Handheld radio
New windshield
New brake lines
Toe brakes left seat only

Posted

Yep that’s my plane.   I think it’s in great condition.  Had a lot of tire kickers and a few crazy people inquiring about it.

just a note to anyone that contracts me about this aircraft. DO YOUR RESEARCH ONLINE FIRST before contacting me.   Questions like how far will it go on a tank of fuel.   My answer is. it will go until you run out.   And also. No pre purchase flights and better yet don’t think your going to preform a punch test.   Anyone who knows anything understands what I’m talking about.

have a great day

Posted

Nice looking plane, and doesn't seem like a bad price.  Bringing into the USA may present problems from the FAA as you mentioned.  The squared off rudder and the door latch at the front of the door say it's likely not a true MK IV, maybe a C model with some MK IV modifications like the cowl and such.  What is the factory serial number.  Still nice though.