Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Added 1 degree pitch to my prop

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

Interesting to see the performance changes.  Glad you like the changes.  Have you seen my laser prop adjuster?  I figure in 20' one degree will move the laser 4" on the wall.  I usually get within 1/8".  Funny how you can actually see the laser move as you tighten.  If you tighten one bolt first, it twists the blade one way, tighten other bolt first and it twists the other way. JImChuk

laser prop setting tool - YouTube

Posted

hey thats a good idea i like that Jim.

1 person likes this

Posted

How does the new wing’s performance compare with the under camber wing? 89 mph is pretty good! The 503 in my model 1 drags it through the air at about 60 mph, straight and level, at about 5,700 rpms, or 90% power. That’s with a really draggy cabane gear and 25” Goodyears. No comparison to the Jabiru, I’m sure. Bob told me his model 4 cruised at 90 with the 670. He also said his model 1 flew slower, as in a lower approach speed or stall speed, and he preferred that plane. Maybe I missed a post, but how did the different wings affect performance on your plane? Are you happy with it, or do you consider switching back, for any reason?

Posted

Oh I like them and they are faster but not by much mostly I feel safer. I say that because the materials I used in the first set were from 1984 and Always made me wonder Not saying there was anything wrong with them but Ya know, and the new ones I built to 1550 gross weight specs with 1200lbs wing struts So yeah nice and solid plane