Avid Flyer MK IV for sale

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,  I'm going to put my Avid MK IV up for sale,  I've had the plane since 2008, flown it about 600 hrs.  Rebuilt it in 2017, flown about 130 hrs since then.  I have a converted boat trailer that it will fit on.  Price is $27,500 for plane and trailer.  Conditional inspection was done in June.  Jabiru aircooled 80 HP 4 cylinder 4 stroke engine.  Earlier solid lifter engine,  most of the issues Jabiru had were with later hydraulic lifter engines.  Warp drive prop.  Last evening I did some flying and took videos of the flight, this afternoon I did a walk around video of the plane.  Here are the videos, plenty of others of it and my other planes on my channel.   Have a look if you like.  JImChuk

Avid Flyer MK IV 7/8/2022 part 1 - YouTube

Avid Flyer MK IV 7/8/2022 flight part 2 - YouTube

Avid Flyer MK IV walk around video - YouTube

Edited by 1avidflyer
2 people like this

Posted

Here are some pictures of the trailer that goes with the plane.  I did most of the remodel of a boat trailer last summer, but just got around to painting it this week.  Doing the lights and winch now.  JImChuk

avid trailer 1.jpg

avid trailer 2.jpg

avid trailer 3.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

nice airplane like that should move.

Posted

I would think so.  Not as much interest as I was expecting.  Wonder if more people are worrying about the economy???  JImChuk

Posted

I think more getting use to the fact there is no more flying $10,000 avids and kitfoxes out there.  Me included the numbers don't seem near as big today as they did 2 years ago. But it does take time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I put up another video today of loading and unloading the plane on the trailer.  Sorry about the low resolution on the camera.  I forgot to reset the resolution on the GoPro....  Anyway, for those that don't know how to load an Avid or Kitfox, here it is.  JImChuk

Avid Flyer MK IV trailer load and unload demonstration - YouTube

1 person likes this

Posted

Jim, what is the spacing on the round stock that supports the mains on the trailer?

Posted

About 12 1/2" center to center.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Just a heads up, I had taken a deposit on the Avid late last fall, with the buyer to pick it up by end of April.  I got a message from his today saying he is going to have to back out of the deal.  So after the first of May, the Avid will be back on the market.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this

Posted

Jim,

What is the width (side to side) on the round tubes that the main gear sit in?  Thanks

Posted (edited)

About 12" C to C, front to back.  About 8' wide overall.   Would have to measure to be exact.  You are referring to the trailer I take it.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

yes the trailer - thanks

Posted

Old pilots probably realize your hands in the air waving around meant it was trimmed out to almost fly itself but they did it different in 1932:    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hpJEbSNSMuU