Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FAA/DAR

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Just got informed by the local FSDO office that they will no longer be doing airworthiness inspections. Will have to use a DAR. Since they are none in WVa that adds to the expense of getting one from out of state. Tried to get me to become one, but a little too old and broken down to travel to Okla City for a couple weeks. Things are leaning more to Pt 103 more and more. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah Man I would love the opportunity to be a DAR

Posted

Not a lot of business in this state for a DAR. Maybe one or two a year. Not really worth the time and expense around here anymore. I am liking the looks of Pt 103 a lot more lately. But few folding wing ultralights out there. Maybe take an existing one and redesign a folding wing system. I've heard thru the grapevine that " if you want something around here, you have to build it".

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Allen take a look at BadLands Aircraft. https://badlandaircraft.com/

Edit: looks just like a baby Avid

Edited by Avidventurous

Posted

I've looked at those pretty hard. Nice ultralight and would do everything one would want in an ultralight. They are pretty pricy and about a year waiting list. I talked to Chris Duel and his lead time currently is about 11-12 months. He wants 30% when ordering, 20% when fuselage is welded, and the balance before shipping. Normal stuff for kit producers. Problem is that when you have a lead time out that far, a lot of things can happen maybe to you or even the kit producer. A lot of people learned this the costly way. Not saying anything bad about the kit producer but thing happen beyond his control or yours and there you are. Money invested with no kit or partial kit. Chris is a good guy with all the right intentions, but we know how life goes sometimes. After my Rotorway Helicopter experience, I am a little gunshy in this current situation.