Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do these pictures tell you?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

300 or so hours 80 up ul. Really don't know anything else about it before going to look at it.

IMG_20211220_094154420_MP.jpg

IMG_20211220_094144060_MP_2.jpg

IMG_20211220_091949600_MP.jpg

IMG_20211220_091954915_MP.jpg

IMG_20211220_092007512_MP.jpg

IMG_20211220_092132095_MP.jpg

Posted

Obviously a project.  Looks like I would do a complete recover of the fuselage, and widen it while I was at it.  I don't like fuel filters between wing tanks and header tank.  Very easy to plug them as it's just gravity feed at that point. Header tank is meant to catch things that get by the finger strainers in the wing tanks.   Fuel filter forward of header is good though.   Rudder pedals should be reinforced, as that has not been done.   Nothing that money and work can't fix.  

Posted

Great project. +1 on the last post . A 1200 ! You've captured a unicorn 

Posted

Dusty what told you it was a 1200, I'm still learning here. Getting it registered is my biggest fear it was purchased throught an estate sale. Regarding the rudder peddle reinforcment what is the best way to do it bot saying kitfox ad is bad but somebody might have figurwd out something better

Posted

This is what I did on my newest Kitfox 4 project.  No welding involved.  Kitfox also says run a tube inside the rudder pedal cross tube, at least the right hand side.  With a lot of pressure on the pilot's right side pedal, the tube takes the twisting action out to the passenger's right side pedal, where the cable connects.   I didn't do it on mine though.  Just the bottom of the rudder pedals, and the rudder cable tube that goes out from the verticle rudder pedal tube.  JImChuk

rudder pedal reinforcement 2.jpg

rudder pedal reinforcement 5 .jpg

rudder pedal reinforcement.jpg

rudder pedel reinforcement 1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

While the fabric is off the fusalage what esle should be done? Not interested in a you tube monster just a nice clean airplane to play with. How much wider is a 4 vs 2. The model 2 I owned was just too much of a project for me, sold it with a lot of work to be done still, I would almost consider it a one person plane. Hal has been through the engine in the past couple months it is missing the seat pan along with some misc that I'll find along the way.

Posted

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Posted

Kitfox 2 and 4 are the same width.  If you look through my Kitfox 4 build  and rebuild posts, maybe something will look like copying.  Larry also had a long thread on rebuilding the Mangy Fox.  

Kitfox 4 build # 2 - Kitfox IV - AvidFoxFlyers Forums

Kitfox 4 rebuild - Kitfox IV - AvidFoxFlyers Forums

Classic IV Restoration - Kitfox IV - AvidFoxFlyers Forums

Posted

The brake and rudder pedal assembly is completly different with the "E" pedals,also the brake cylinders are not mounted directly to the torque tubes. This isn't definitive as it is an easy swap  The tall rudder and large hinge gap due to the rod end hinges is the obvious give away for a1200 but not such an easy job. 

Have fun

Posted

Can somebody measure the lower longerons deflection at the tubbing cluster in between 24 an 85 inches forward of the tail spring bolt. Dont see anything that looks wrong or a repair.

0824220231.jpg

0824220231a.jpg