Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tiger Cub

16 posts in this topic

Posted

After looking at ones far away, finally come to the point of just build one from plans. That way I can make it what I want. And they are pretty close to me in distance. Folding wings to boot. The Tiger Cub out of Pa. Of course it looks like every other Cub copy out there, just smaller. Will order the plans tomorrow.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, that was a bust. Phone # was no longer valid, and evidently they are no longer in business. Seems to be common with a lot of small kit producers now days.

Posted

Best bet if that is the sort of plane you want, is try to find an unfinished kit.  Run adds on barnstormers.  J3 kitten, Perceptor pup, Fisher Quala, Himax, lots others as well sitting unfinished in storage I'll bet.  

1 person likes this

Posted

If I can find a set of plans for one, that would be good enough. I can make anything, given enough time. Getting ready to order a new TIG welder. 4130 is my prefered method of construction for the fuselage. But may advertise for a unfinished kit or a set of plans.

Posted

Lots of stuff hanging in the rafters and such all over the country.  Probably half of the kits never get finished.  Kitfox 4 that I'm working on now is from 1996.  Still not done.  Many others just like it.  Just a matter of finding them, or at least one.  There was one in Michigan last week.  1050 Kitfox 4.  Covered and with poly brush on it.  Been sitting for a bunch of years since.  Was 8000 or 9000

Posted

Well, found a set of complete plans for the Tiger Cub. A guy near Nashville had a set and willing to part with them. He also had the additions for a nose gear or tail wheel conversion.

Posted

that will keep you busy post pictures for us

Posted

In those famous words, " around here, if you want something, you gotta build it".

2 people like this

Posted

Here is an ultra Pup Allen,  PRECEPTOR ULTRA PUP • $8,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Preceptor Ultra Pup - Assembled November 1994. Have all Aircraft/Engine Logbooks. Engine installed Mosler 2180. Tach Time 162.1. Last annual inspection performed on July 2018. Since a fuel line leak has appeared along with excessive rust on exhaust pipes, this aircraft has foldable wings and can be trailered. For more information contact Tresa Huggins at 765-348-3245 • Contact Tresa Huggins , Owner - located Hartford City, IN 47348 United States • Telephone: 765-348-3245 • Fax: 765-348-1091 • Posted May 21, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

thumbnail_image_1740968_1_1653154281.jpethumbnail_image_1740968_2_1653154281.jpethumbnail_image_1740968_3_1653154282.jpethumbnail_image_1740968_4_1653154282.jpethumbnail_image_1740968_5_1653154283.jpe

Posted

Nice Bird at a good price. I could have something like that and build a Tiger Cub. Wait a minute, starting to sound like you!

Posted (edited)

I'll bet it would do pretty good with a Jabiru engine on the front.  Way lighter than the VW, and a bit more power as well.

PS  looking at this plane a bit more, and it has folding wings and looks to be in good shape.  I would go have a look at it if it was close to me and I was in the market.  Way cheaper and quicker than building one

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

looks kike he did a really nice job on fit and finish too. That is sharp

Posted

Spending $125 for a set of plans to study isn't a big commitment. A little pencil work to get a approx cost to build will tell the tale. And yes, one can buy a flyable bird cheaper than building one(maybe). But what's the fun in that!

Posted

One more try Allen.     HIPPS RELIANT ULTRALIGHT • $2,950 • FOR SALE AS IS • Hipps Reliant with Rotax 447, no propeller, hangared but has not flown for 10 years or more • Contact Vernon Bothwell , Owner - located Cloverdale, IN 46120 United States • Telephone: 765-657-0070 • Posted May 25, 2022

Posted

I seen that one. No folding wings, not run in a few years, single ignition, but a good price. Tiger Cub plans in the mail. Also he has the N-3 pup plans that I might snatch up. True that I haven't had a plane for 3 months but won't buy something I don't want just to have one. And its possible that I'll still end up LSA instead of Pt 103. Still have the PP license current so is the cl 3 med. To me, part of the excitement is the hunt for the ideal plane, even if I have to build it. I have the ability to turn expensive metal into worthless scrap in a very short time. You're not really a experimental builder till your scrap pile is bigger than your project!  Anybody want to buy a trash can full of metal shavings?

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, got the plans today for the Tiger Cub. "What did I get myself in to".  More pieces and parts that there are relatives at a hillbilly reunion! At least they seem complete with a materials list. Time to spend a couple weeks going over them.