Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ridge Runner 3

36 posts in this topic

Posted

you seen the aeropup? I just watched a video on it looks like a well built airplane at a great base price. Not sure what your budget is but could be an LSA option. If I was gonna go ultralight I would look at Merlin airplanes.

Posted

The Merlin is an impressive little aircraft and a decent performer. But it is a pricy little thing to be made in China.

Posted

Think this guy is right above you

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 7.53.10 PM.png

Posted

Curious as to why a lot have no paperwork? Paperwork is what one is actually buying. Some must be scared of liability issues, which isn't an issue at all. FAA is getting picky around here lately.

Posted

Looking at the registration on the FAA site, and the registration is expired.  It wasn't cancelled by the owner looks like to me.  It may be possible to get it reinstated.  If the engine was any good, it would be worth that much by itself easy.  The 912 Rotax is not real bad for rusting up internally when it's sat a long time.  Cam and lifters are down low, nicosil cylinders,  If it was real close to me, I would go have a look at it.  Even though I've been saying for the last year, "no more projects"   JImChuk

Posted

Kinda scary when you see a 912 and an airplane for 5000 bucks makes you wonder. Not sure I would send a deposit first.

Posted (edited)

Appears to have been sitting quite a while. Can't remember when the first 912's came out. Either way, your talking total rebuild on both. This one would require a very close inspection before even considering. I've seen several 5K deals turn into 30K planes without trying. When you could get a good flyable one for 20-25K. Projects suck up money like a goose sucking up corn.

Edited by Allen Sutphin

Posted

Did contact Chris Duel of Badlands Ultralight and he will sell a materials kit for his aircraft. Which is a modified Kitfox Lite. I think he bought the jigs for the Kitfox lite from Belite. His lead time on a welded kit is about 12 months. So we'll see what the time is on this kit. I've built about 3 sets of Kitfox wings so a materials kit shouldn't be too tough.

Posted

Here is another Minimax on fb.  In East Earl, Pa, so not to far from you.  

Mini -Max 1100R w/ Rotax 377, Ivo Prop ground adj, new fuel lines and rebuilt pump, misc. parts, think it never flew, plus parts airplane Rotax 532, full gauges, elec. start, hyd. brakes, wheel skirts, wings,comm. radio, Plus parts and pieces VW 1600cc engine, CALLS OR TEXT: 717- 9five1-11seven0 $4800

Facebook

Posted

I think I'll stay with a standard steel tube fuselage. Wood fuselages has never won me over as far as strength versus weight. Especially in an off airport plane. The same with low or mid wing aircraft. At least while I am waiting, more money goes in the kitty.

Posted (edited)

A good friend of mine is about done with his Badlands Im so excited I might actually have some one to go fly with.

Pretty sure Kenneth Howes has a ridge runner 3 yet maybe reach out to him.

Edited by TJay