Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can you streamline a Kitfox with window trim

5 posts in this topic

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

TJay,  I like it.  I remember this being mentioned at one point.  When I made the ones for my Kitfox 4, I had a clear  2X6 cedar and cut them out of that.  Mine are just about 2 3/4 wide.   I ended up making 2 cuts on each side to get more of the rounded look and then sanded them some where the two cuts met.  Seems like we will be hearing of flight reports soon.  Curious for sure.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I estimate about 60 hrs of work left slowly but surely and I think the window trim was your idea too.  Thats two good ideas now (pvc pipe clamps and now window trim) nice work

Edited by TJay
1 person likes this

Posted

I borrowed the pipe clamp idea from someone else.  :)  I can't claim that one.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Glad to see someone do that T J nice work.  I bought the trim to try that for my gear legs but never carried thru.  Ended up just glueing an 2 1/4” X 1/4” strip on edge on the trailing edge of my gear leg, covered while covering the gear leg.  It of course ends up just a taper with the blunt 1/4” trailing edge.  This is the lazy man’s solution but I did pickup a few miles per hour in the gear leg cover.

Great job T J and the videos really make great tutorials!

1 person likes this