Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Engine Mount Rubber

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Team,

Does anyone know a good spot to buy the rubber for the engine mounts? Thanks for the help

IMG_0062.JPG

Posted

Thank you, I shall keep the search going. 

Posted (edited)

Did you look at these lord mounts at Leading Edge Airfoils catalog?  Look on page two.  They give dimensions of mounts, so you can compare to what you have.  JImChuk

Search results for: 'Lord mounts' (leadingedgeairfoils.com)

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The H6125 is what I had on my challenger and the H6144 is what I had on my fisher avenger all from the catalog above

Edited by TJay
1 person likes this

Posted

From McMaster-Carr, I will see if they are the correct ones in they come in. 

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/128/4214

Catalog page for Unthreaded Bumper Polyurethane, 2-1/8" OD, 1/2" High

Unthreaded Bumper
Polyurethane, 2-1/8" OD, 1/2" High
9306K36

Posted

The H6125 is what I had on my challenger and the H6144 is what I had on my fisher avenger all from the catalog above  

I got this info from you on a different post a long time ago, thanks for that, that is the one that hold the aluminum cage around the engine to the frame. I was looking for the one on top of the aluminum cage, which I think I found. Thank you again. 

Posted

So someone with more knowledge then me will have to chime in on what I'm seeing and going to say. I am seeing what avid called the dyna- smooth engine mount that was introduced when they were producing the mk4. I thought the aluminum "channels" were supposed to bolt solid to the engine and the only place there was supposed to be rubber is in the ends of the channels where they bolt to the engine mount?

1 person likes this

Posted

You are right.  Why didn't I notice that myself.  suppose because I haven't done anything with one for about 4 or 5 years.  Second I read your post though I remembered.  The lord mounts are on the sides of the aluminum  channel parts that bolt to the engine.  JImChuk

So someone with more knowledge then me will have to chime in on what I'm seeing and going to say. I am seeing what avid called the dyna- smooth engine mount that was introduced when they were producing the mk4. I thought the aluminum "channels" were supposed to bolt solid to the engine and the only place there was supposed to be rubber is in the ends of the channels where they bolt to the engine mount?