Kitfox Mk2 Differential Flaperons

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Morning All,

While I am rebuilding my Kitfox Mk2 I have been looking at the flaperon linkage and mixer in regards to getting some kind of differential flaperon action going on.

I have noticed that some people talk about F7A rocker arms that go some way to achieving this but my understanding is that they will not fit a Mk2.

My question is:

Is there a part or set of parts that can be fitted to a Mk2 mixer to get differential action ?

Or, does anyone know the dimensions of any parts that I could copy and fabricate.

Thanks,

Skelly.

Posted

I changed from the regular F7 bellcrank to the modified F7A bellcrank on one of my Avids, and I didn't think it made very much difference.  Still needed to use your feet.  TJay on this forum changed out the mixer controls on his Kitfox 1 to the Kitfox 4 mixer setup.  Maybe he will chime in on this topic.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

I changed from the regular F7 bellcrank to the modified F7A bellcrank on one of my Avids, and I didn't think it made very much difference.  Still needed to use your feet.  TJay on this forum changed out the mixer controls on his Kitfox 1 to the Kitfox 4 mixer setup.  Maybe he will chime in on this topic.  JImChuk

I sure did and it was one of the best things I did for that plane so far. Absolutely incredible the difference it made but took a lot of hrs to make it work and a lot of questionable test flying.

1 person likes this

Posted

I sure did and it was one of the best things I did for that plane so far. Absolutely incredible the difference it made but took a lot of hrs to make it work and a lot of questionable test flying.

Ooh, this sounds promising.

I have constructed a jig that involves a spare mixer linkage on a piece of wood with wooden crank arms with lots of holes in them to try to study angles and fulcrums, it all looks a bit steampunk and I'm still pretty boggled..

However if you have had some success with this I would be really interested to see your setup and see if it can be applied to a Kitfox Mk2.

Cheers,

Skelly.

Posted (edited)

Here is mine Similar to kitfoxes but a bit longer. This was the first one The second one I made was 2 inches longer and worked much better.

0208201252_resized.jpg

New Control.jpg

Edited by TJay
1 person likes this

Posted

Aha,

Stonking stuff, nice one.

My solution will be slightly different as I still have my original mixer setup so the only thing I can realistically do is to change the rocker arms to get more down than up which will equate to more up than down at the flaperons.

Hopefully..

Cheers,

Skelly.