Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grove gear for sale

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I picked this up hoping it might work on my Mk 4 but it’s way too big.  Looks like it’s fits the magnum or KF 5 and up.    Make an offer if interested.  No axles or mounting hardware included, just the bare gear.  I can email pics, I can’t get them to upload.

Thanks,

Larry

Edited by backcountry1

Posted

...no pictures....no sales...

Posted

If it has a grove serial number on it, Grove can tell you what it was made for.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Like I said I can email the pics, they won’t upload on the site for some reason.

Posted (edited)

Just a heads up, an early model Kitfox grove gear isn't the same as an Avid grove gear either.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

this is what Larry has, some one should be able to figure out what there for. Cant get the one with the serial number to load but I think it says GAC 129

gear 1.jpg

gear 2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Here is a link to the Grove gear website. There is a list of landing gears they sell.   Dimensions are given in the list of each type.  Maybe that will help match up.  Also, if you call them, they will look up the serial number on the gear.  It may take them a few days to get back to you with the info if they are busy.  JImChuk

Grove Landing Gear (groveaircraft.com)

PS,  just looked at the pictures again, and the axel mounting bolt holes are kind of odd.  Usually, there are 4 holes with 1 1/2" spacing

Edited by 1avidflyer
2 people like this

Posted

Well cant b for sure but my KF5 grove gear dont look like that. The end where the axel bolts is different, i take and post a pic later. 

Posted (edited)

...no pictures....no sales...

well mine is for sale, i posted a pic when i had a listing like u asked, u never responded or buy, soooooooooooooooo????

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

Here is what mine look like. 

34708643-120F-40D3-842B-52A2940697BF.png

1 person likes this

Posted

That thing is huge.  I wonder if it crosses over to other builds/aircraft?   Suggest you determine that and list in other appropriate forums, such BS and FB groups.  GLWS

Posted

I'd say it is a custom one.  Everything on the Grove web site has a 4 bolt hole pattern, they don't list anything with a 3 bolt pattern.