Avid Flyer on floats spotted in an old movie.

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not recommending this cheesy movie but I did see a custom gyro copter and an Avid Flyer on floats in it. The movie is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Hunted

Typical B movie from 1992 with poor acting, poor plot, 80's style synth backing tracks and unknown actors. I found it in my recommendations from You Tube for some reason.

Link to movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueb6Ya9TWuo&t=4505s

I'm not sure what the gyro copter was made out of, maybe a Sparrow Hawk? The Avid Flyer is the squared off tail variety so that may help identify the model. The fact that they wrote Avid Flyer in big letters on the side of the airplane tells me it was probably a deal done for advertisement more so than money.

1 person likes this

Posted

Plane belonged to James Raeder, serial # 158,  Thought at first it was a B model, but looked like an A model door when they take off and you get a bit of a side view.   Didn't watch the movie, just scrolled through till I saw the Avid and picked up the N number... 85EL

1 person likes this

Posted

That movie has all the things I want -  poor acting, poor plot, unknown acting, questionable filmography, and attractive women in revealing clothing....

1 person likes this

Posted

What's not to like??? LOL

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Interesting the boat has an Arizona registration and it looks a lot like Roosevelt lake....

Edit: 18:00 Windsurfer in broad daylight, dark outside the cabin when the windsurfer is approaching.. , Dark when he's in the cabin.

Did someone mention poor editing??? LOL

Edited by Avidventurous
1 person likes this

Posted

I may have been a little off when I said it was a B movie. Probably goes back to my childhood when 45rpm records only had an A side and a B side.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ha. It's all in great fun

EDIT: I finally finished the movie last night. "We'll get 'em next time" LOL. I'm surprised that auto gyro would fly with all that crap hanging off of it. Was kinda cool lookin' though.

Edited by Avidventurous
1 person likes this

Posted

To save anyone else the agony of watching this really bad flick, the Avid Flyer is shown at the run time 49:12 for about a full minute in close up. 

2 people like this

Posted

Love the sound over-dubbing of the Avid.  Must be the worlds only early Avid with what sounds like a Pratt & Whitney in it….

3 people like this

Posted

Love the sound over-dubbing of the Avid.  Must be the worlds only early Avid with what sounds like a Pratt & Whitney in it….

I've been playing the audio in my hangar, hoping my Rotax will learn how to sing in that key. I'll let ou know if it works!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've been playing the audio in my hangar, hoping my Rotax will learn how to sing in that key. I'll let you know if it works!

Edited by nlappos
1 person likes this

Posted

I've been playing the audio in my hangar, hoping my Rotax will learn how to sing in that key. I'll let you know if it works!

Hahahaha!