Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

582 Tuned Exhaust Length

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I have an exhaust for a 582 that someone shortened and brazed to make it fit with an incorrect Y-pipe. I have it cut back apart, but now need to figure out how long of a piece to weld in the middle. I can get it close by extending the taper with a couple straight edges, but a measurement would be nice for a sanity check. Does anyone have an exhaust handy to get a picture of the pipe with a tape measure in front? I'm interested in the measurement from the end of the socket to the centerline of the pipe where it enters the muffler.

Thanks,

Brett

20210810_202654.jpg

20210810_204557.jpg

Posted

I have one out in the hangar, I'll try to remember to get a picture tomorrow.  Send me a PM as a reminder if I don't get to it.  JImChuk

Posted

Jim, thanks for the offer. I was able to get the measurements I need. Looks like about 5.5" was cut out of my pipe.

3028.jpeg

3032.jpeg

3030.jpeg

Posted

See I told you I might forget.  I just remembered when I saw your post.... And I spent a good deal of time in the hangar today as well.  Probably got within 4 feet of the muffler a few times.  Glad you got the answer you needed.  JImChuk