Parts

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all newbie here. I am in need of the flap handle and flaperon mixer along with the elevator push/pull tubes. If anyone knows of any other aircraft that has interchangable parts with the Avid mkIV please let me know or if you know of any available. Thanks, Aaron

Posted

Kitfox are different.  I had the Avid mixer controls but sold them to someone else already.  I know TJay changed out his Kitfox 1 mixer controls for the Kitfox 4 style, can't remember if he stayed with the regular flaperons or not.  That would maybe be an easier mixer to make up then the original Avid if you can't find any, and it gives more movement on one flaperon then the other to reduce adverse yaw.  Maybe he'll chime in.    JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Jimchuk,

Thanks for responding. I would also consider a wreck or partial kit. 

Do you know if anyone has detailed drawings I have a kit representative claims he can manufacture the pieces. I am also looking for speedwing tanks if anyone has any for a reasonable price.. Clear skies, Capfly 

Edited by Capfly
Additional information

Posted

Don't think the drawings were ever made publicly available.  There are parts around from wrecked planes, just a matter of finding them.  Could try posting an add on barnstormers, and the Facebook Avid group.  JImChuk

Posted

Thanks currently waiting on approval for the FB group. Much appreciated 

Posted

I asked for you there, and a Bob McCaa answered and said he had some of what you need, mixer controls and such.  He usually is on this site, maybe you can find a post he made, and send him a private message.  He didn't have pedals and joysticks and crosstube, but I have some of that stuff.  JImChuk

Posted

I am still waiting on the forum approval I can only hope that the parts he has are available. He has just what I am looking for. Aaron (capfly)

Posted

Send me a private message and I’ll give you Mccans phone number