Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flaperon hanger needed

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for a couple flaperon hangers for my kitfox II. I could actually return them after I’m done using them as I plan to temporarily bolt them to the rib tails then slide a tube through to the turtle deck in order to mark the cutouts dead nuts. I can purchase or rent either one, let me know what you have.

1 person likes this

Posted

Might have a hard time coming up with any hanger, as they are built into the flaperon.  If it was me, I would hang the wing with the flaperon installed, but with the turtle deck not in place of course.  Then measure to the bottom and front of the flaperon tube right where it would go through the side of the turtle deck.   Use those measurements to locate the location of the hole in the turtle deck.   Or make up a pattern from some thin metal or even cardboard with the bottom half of the hole at the top of the pattern.  Push is into place touching the flaperon tube, and put some tape on the fuselage on the sides and bottom of that pattern so you can return it to the same location later.  Remove the wing, put turtle deck back on, put the pattern back onto the side of the fuselage, and you will see where the bottom side of the hole should be on the side of the turtle deck.   JImChuk

Posted

ya, I know it is probably a long shot but I was trying to cheat a little. 

1 person likes this

Posted

if you had a drawing for flaperon hangar with material requirements would that work? I have the plans file.

Posted

Hey 72 i believe have a couple of those in a draw in the shed for a model 1 which is same

Posted

Hey 72 i believe have a couple of those in a draw in the shed for a model 1 which is same

I’ll pm you.