Rotax 582/17 engine mounts

3 posts in this topic

Posted

All,

I'm back! I've been busy the past few months, but I'm back and spending a lot of time with my new Avid. It had a 582/99 with 257 hours and more then 5 years old, so I decided to buy a brand new 582/17 so I can have all new components. There are, apparently, some differences between the /17 and /99. I need to move the electric start, which is fine. I'll have to cut into the engine frame a bit but that is fine. My big issue is how to mount it.

The /99 has threads that I can use to bolt it to the frame. The /17 has an internal bolt and is much shorter. In the pictures below, you can see the frame mount, and the /17 next to the old bolt/mounts. As you can see, just the mount is longer than the engine bolt, nevermind being able to get a nut on with enough threads showing. I'm not entirely sure what to do with this. I want to keep the engine mounted at the same water line, but that is not possible with the bolts as is. I'm hoping somebody can point me to an adapter of some sort, or provide another way to do this. I have looked without success so far. I'm sure there is a solution and I cannot be the only one to encounter this.

Any suggestions?

With regards,
John

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Posted

Doubl nut the end of each stud, and on e they tight onto eachother, turn the nut closest to the engine block, and the stud should screwout so u can install a longer stud.  

Posted

Doubl nut the end of each stud, and on e they tight onto eachother, turn the nut closest to the engine block, and the stud should screwout so u can install a longer stud.  

Success! I added some heat too and they all came out. Thank you!

I've worked on cars plenty, but this is new territory for me. I appreciate the tip.

1 person likes this