20210403_085022.jpg

20210503_181406.jpg

Edited by FireFoxIV
3 people like this

Posted

awesome that looks great

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you have 80 or 100 HP?  What did it do to your cruise speeds?  And what are they now?  JImChuk

Posted

Do you have 80 or 100 HP?  What did it do to your cruise speeds?  And what are they now?  JImChuk

I have an 80hp. I wish I had more but I still get 12-1300fpm climb by my self. 

I'd say it took maybe 3mph off the top end not as much as I thought it would. 

My cruise was 105 and now it's around 100-103

These are numbers I got just flying around through the winter and spring so I'm not sure how accurate they really are but I'm happy with it. 

Posted

JImChuk ur model 4 needs bigger tires really bad;)

Posted

I have a set of Nancos that are sitting on the shelf.  Don't really like the way they wiggle on pavement though.  And I'm way to cheap to buy the bigger ones.  But if you decide to give yours away, put me at the top of the list:lmao:JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have a set of Nancos that are sitting on the shelf.  Don't really like the way they wiggle on pavement though.  And I'm way to cheap to buy the bigger ones.  But if you decide to give yours away, put me at the top of the list:lmao:JImChuk

you bet, ill keep ya in mind lol:lmao:

I was gonna suggest that I give you the Nanco's I took off my airplane. ;)

Edited by FireFoxIV

Posted

FireFoxIV, that's a nice looking bush plane.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you using single puck brakes with the 27's? If so is your braking significantly affected?

When I put 29 inch bush wheels on my Magnum I could not hold it back during even a mild run-up. (With a Single 2 inch Cleveland Pucks).

Posted

do you run those with or without tubes?

Posted

Are you using single puck brakes with the 27's? If so is your braking significantly affected?

When I put 29 inch bush wheels on my Magnum I could not hold it back during even a mild run-up. (With a Single 2 inch Cleveland Pucks).

I got a double puck conversion kit from Matco so now I have 2 pucks. The braking power with double pucks and the 27's is significantly more than the single puck with the Nanco tires I had on before. 

Posted

do you run those with or without tubes?

im running them without tubes, 4psi of air seems to work prty well 

1 person likes this

Posted

If any of you guys that switched are willing to part with your Nanco N800's let me know. I'd be interested in buying them. They aren't available anywhere I can find.

Posted

I got a double puck conversion kit from Matco so now I have 2 pucks. The braking power with double pucks and the 27's is significantly more than the single puck with the Nanco tires I had on before. 

Thanks!

Posted

If any of you guys that switched are willing to part with your Nanco N800's let me know. I'd be interested in buying them. They aren't available anywhere I can find.

I guess I'd sell ya mine. Where are ya located? 

Posted

Would you mind measuring from the pavement to the center of the axle and report back that dimension and the approximate tire pressure you measured it at?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted

I sure can but it would be with the 27's on. Thats what you want right?

Posted (edited)

Here ya go Chris 

5 psi

20210507_181246.jpg

Edited by FireFoxIV

Posted

I'm in Morris, IL 60450

Posted

That's exactly what I want! Thank you so much!

Chris

Posted

I bet those are awesome at 5 PSI! I was running my pillow soft 21's at 5 and it was amazing how much they sucked up. I ended up spinning one on the rim and shearing off a valve stem and ended up with a flat. I need to screw the beads to the rim. I was wondering how much taller the 27's are than the 21's so I will measure mine at 10psi which is what I am running them at currently and repost back with the difference. Thanks again!

Posted

Ya they are awesome. I ran my Nanco's at 6-7psi and those aren't evan close to the softness of the 27's. 

Yes please post up the different it would be interesting. 

Posted

I'm in Morris, IL 60450

I PM'd ya

Posted

This is the 21 inch pillow soft tire at approx 10 psi. If the 27's are as "pillow soft" as these 21's are they have to be AWESOME!

IMG_0168.jpg

Posted (edited)

At 4 PSI do you have any concern they will turn on the rim? I know since they are bigger, the will clamp harder to the rim than the smaller 21's at the same pressure, but don't have a feel for how much better. I sure didn't like twisting the tire and shearing the stem at 5 PSI. I am running tubes. Am thinking about screwing the bead to the rims

Edited by ChrisBolkan