Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

landing gear

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone here know what the length and size the landing gear bungees are for the avid magnum? 

(Thanks in advance)

Posted

The original bungees on my Magnum were made by Thomas Taylor and Sons, Inc., P/N 1080.  They are 25-3/4" in length, 5/8" diameter.  I switched to a Grove gear and still have the originals.  If they would be of any use to you, I would gladly send them to you.

Magnum bungees.jpg

Posted

The original bungees on my Magnum were made by Thomas Taylor and Sons, Inc., P/N 1080.  They are 25-3/4" in length, 5/8" diameter.  I switched to a Grove gear and still have the originals.  If they would be of any use to you, I would gladly send them to you.

Magnum bungees.jpg

Thank you very much for the info! just about to work on landing gear install on my Magnum

Does anyone here know what the length and size the landing gear bungees are for the avid magnum? 

(Thanks in advance)

Hey, I live in Pasco Wa. Was wondering if  TWB sent these to you? I needed something of a template for mine so I can order some.

Posted

You can buy new ones @ chief aircraft they are the thomas taylor & sons distributor.

Posted

Magnum bungees.jpg

the picture has two bungees. Do you know if it’s two total or two per side? 
also, what tool did you intend on using to install them?

I haven’t found any of this info yet. Have gone through a few builders manuals and haven’t found a thing on this 

Posted

There are 2 bungees per side on the Magnum.